Monday- August 15
- 9:00-12:00 Session 3 – Ionic channels
Chair : Fabrice Homblé (VIB, Belgium) & Ildikó Szabó (Padova University, Italy)
- 9:00 Rouslan Efremov (VIB, Belgium): Structural insight into calcium signalling in muscular contraction.
- 9:30 Fabrice Homblé (ULB, Belgium). Molecular determinant of solute transport through the mitochondrial VDAC.
- 10:00 coffee break
- 10:20 Ildikó Szabó (Padova University, Italy). Ion fluxes impacting bioenergetics in plants.
- 10:50 Daria Shalaeva (Osnabrueck University, Germany) : Sodium-translocating rhodopsins as ancestors of G-protein coupled receptors
- 11:10 Daria Grobys (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland) : VDAC in viability and metabolism of the inducible Huntington disease cell models.
- 11:30 Selected talk
- 12:00-13:30 Lunch (buffet)
- 13:30-15:40 Session 4 – Photosystems
Chair : Jan Dekker (VU University, Amsterdam) & Egbert Boekema (Groningen, The Netherlands)
- 13:30 Barry Bruce (University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA) : Characterization of a Non-detergent Isolated form of a Cyanobacterial Trimeric Photosystem I using Styrene-Maleic Acid Co-polymers
- 14:00 Aurélie Crépin (Marseille, France) : Characterization of a highly stable preparation of Photosystem II supercomplexes from Arabidopsis thaliana
- 14:20 Mikko Tikkanen (University of Turku, Finland) : Molecular basis of balanced excitation energy distribution between Photosystem I and II
- 14:40 Iris Young (Berkeley, USA) : Insights into the oxygen evolving mechanism of photosynthesis using XFEL diffraction
- 15:00 Meng Li (University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA) : Oligomeric States of Photosystem I in Cyanobacteria: Tetramer vs. Trimer
- 15:20 Selected talk
- 15:40 coffee break
- 16:00-18:40 Session 5 – Supercomplexes
Chair : Karen Davies (LBNL, USA) & Jun Minagawa (NIBB Okazaki, Japan)
- 16:00 Jan Dekker (VU Amsterdam, Netherlands) : …
- 16:30 Roman Kouril (Palacký University, Olomouc, Czech Republic) Structural variability of plant photosystem II megacomplexes in thylakoid membranes
- 17:00 Cristina Pagliano (Politecnico di Torino, Italy) : Sandwiched PSII-LHCII super- and mega-complexes: products of artificial aggregation or oligomerisation species representing a native state, pivotal for granal stacking?
- 17:30 Lutz Eichacker (University of Stavanger, Norway) : Identification of the cytb6f-photosystem I complex from the thylakoid membrane of Arabidopsis thaliana.
- 18:00 Satish Yadav (University of Groningen, The Netherlands) : Structural studies of PSI-Cytb6f complex involved in cyclic electron flow in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii
- 18:20 Selected talk
- 19:30 Conference dinner