A WOMEN FRIENDLY CONFERENCE !!
Different actions have been taken to contribute to a “Women friendly conference”.
– One female plenary speaker;
– A dedicated poster prize (Women in drying research);
– The funding back of the registration fee of 4 to 5 female PhD students/postdocs on the basis of an essay about “The place of woman in research”.
– 9 co-chairing of sessions by women
Guidelines for presenters:
15 minutes oral presentation + 5 minutes for question.
Vertical A0 format poster are requested.
30/05/2017: About 130 participants already registered at the end of the early bird fee period. It remains 2 weeks for further registration.
28/05/2017: The program has be updated
The Welcome reception will be held on Monday evening at the Provincial Palace, in the heart of the city.
The Banquet on Tuesday will be a diner-cruise on the Meuse river.
Innovations in drying: bridging the gap between academia and industry
The European Drying Conference series is supported by the Working Party on Drying (WPD), within the framework of the European Federation of Chemical Engineering (EFCE).
The 6th edition, EuroDrying’2017 will be held in Liège, Belgium, from 19 to 21 of June 2017. It will jointly organized by University of Liège, Free University of Brussels, with the support of the Dutch Working Group on Drying (NWGD).
The previous dedicated meetings were:
[checklist icon=”fa-chevron-circle-right” iconcolor=”” circle=”” circlecolor=”” size=”13px” class=”” id=””]
- Symposium EU Drying 03, Heraklion, Crete (2003) organized by Prof. Saravacos
- European Drying Conference (AFSIA & EFCE WP Drying), Biarritz, France (2007) organized by Prof. Andrieu
- European Drying Conference (AFSIA & EFCE WP Drying), Lyon, France (2009) organized by Prof. Andrieu and Prof. Perré
- 3rd European Drying Conference (EuroDrying’2011) Palma de Mallorca, Spain organized by Prof. Rossello
- 4th European Drying Conference (EuroDrying’2013) Paris, France organized by Prof. Perré
- 5th European Drying Conference (EuroDrying’2015) Budapest, Hungary organized by Prof. Farkas
[separator style_type=”none” top_margin=”20″ bottom_margin=”20″ sep_color=”” border_size=”” icon=”” icon_circle=”” icon_circle_color=”” width=”” alignment=”center” class=”” id=””]
The main scope of the Conference is to provide a scientific program of cutting-edge research in drying field, development and applications in drying and dewatering technologies. Leading researchers from Europe and all around the globe are expected. A special session will be dedicated to industrial issues and case studies in order to highlight or to identify intersections between research in academia and industrial needs.
Thanks a lot to the local Organizing Committee, and the Scientific Committee, mainly composed of WPD members, who serve also in reviewing the submitted abstracts and papers.
Beside the Conference Proceedings it is planned to publish the selected papers in Drying Technology Journal.
According to the intention of the WPD our aims were to keep the registration fee as low as possible and offering a discounted fee to PhD students.